Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Underwear Greetings and Social Faux Pas

Among the many other grand, wondrous and utterly meaningless things I did this past weekend, I had the heating and cooling guy come and clean out the duct work for the furnace.

He arrived at promptly 10:00 a.m. on Saturday. Real nice guy - clean, organized, polite... but he kept looking at me as if I had grown a third eye or something. I was baffled. As he headed down to the basement I went into the bathroom to give myself a once over. Looking in the mirror I turned right then left then leaned in for a close up... nope nothing.. Huh?

He came up once to get something from his van and I stopped him on his way back in with a "Did you forget something?" and the most charming smile I could muster. That only seemed to increase his agitation. Well hells bells Ethel!! What the feck was going on with the dude!

15 minutes later he came back upstairs, had me sign off on the work order and said they would be mailing me an invoice.... He couldn't even look me in the eye. Well DAMN! Curiosity got the best of me (I'm a pretty forward person) and I said, "Sir, Bill?" (sorry for the commentary if you ever read this serviceman Bill - but it's a story worth sharing). "Bill" I said, "is there something wrong with me? You've been acting like I'm growing a third eye out my forehead ever since you got here". Well, he shuffled around for a good thirty seconds and turned about 14 shades of red but I wasn't about to let the subject drop. After prompting with another pointed "WELL?" he finally dropped the bomb. "Well," said Bill "you don't have any pants on"... he was mortified. I just looked down and looked back up not quite understanding where the problem was. Bill left - I wasn't going to torture the poor fellow any longer. I did offer him a cold soda to which he promptly refused - wonder if he thought I had underwear cooties or something??

So here's the deal. I like being comfortable in my own home. My general attire is boyshort panties or underoos (thank you Cameron Diaz for the fabulous fashion tip) and a little tank top - especially in the summer. I'll wander around outside in them, water the flowers, get the mail... whatever. What's so wrong with that?? A bathing suit is more revealing so I'm failing to see the extreme social faux pas here people! Sure I put on more to go to the mall or the grocery... but hey... I put on less to go to the beach.. so wtf?

::laughs again:: I wonder what Bill would have done if I were wearing the pink ones that said 'BOOTYLICIOUS' on the back?

::smooches you fabulous people::
Mara

26 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm sure you meant a bathing suit is MORE revealing.... but... I got what you meant....

    I have no neighbors that I want to follow your home attire code....

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ...good thing you didn't have your "Git-R-Done" undies on...lol...

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    LMDAO - talk about a social faux pas! I changed 'less to more' but wait ... isn't the saying 'less is more'?

    Aye yai yai.. I'm so confused.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hmmm... not sure... might be a visual thing.....

    (trying not to laugh)

    ???

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    Hey... where's your latest blog?? ::looks on expectantly::

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    If I had a life to comment on... I would.... but.. I guess I could make something up...

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    Blah... that sounded really depressing lol.

    um... ::thinking::

    ::smile:: I have it..

    Kindred vs. Liquid Spirits

    You brought it up to begin with!

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think you have to have one with the other... to make it more... meangingful...

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    Hey dude -

    Nice words of advice to Bubba. You'd make a great shrink LOL

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I toy with the idea every so often, but I REALLY hated school.

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    DANG! YOU ARE A KINDRED SPIRIT.. I hated school so bad my parents finally sent me to

    Heritage Hills Christian Academy aka..
    Alkatraz Bible Prison..

    it was horrifying.. I'll blog about it sometime

    I'm off to lunch!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ahh, a repressed Christian school girl... hmmm... some things become clearer....lol...

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Mara said…

    Probably so.. ::smirk:: It didn't help that Dad was a police office and part time minister.

    I was bound to turn out a hellion :)

     
  • At 4:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh, you were doomed from the start.... ;-)

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    I know... poor folks. Thought I was going to give them a coronary before I ever turned 18.

    Looking back I regret some on it but hey, I was a kid.

    Then again... my mother to this day taunts me with 'you reap what you sow... wait until YOU have children!'

    I shudder to think of the possibilities!

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    So you're having children now?


    Bill the service man might come back....

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    OH LOARD NO!!!

    And give up my half-naked service man escapades... I think not LOL

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Okay, what kind of surgery requires massage as therapy?!?!

    I may need to have it!

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    no.. you don't want it..

    Cancer :(

    They went in and removed some stuff.. the scarring was rather bad and was tightening the muscles.

    ::shrug:: so they recommended massage.

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Seriously?!? I'm sorry... didn't mean to make light of something so serious. :(

    All better now? Not as tight?

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    LOL.. no worries. No big deal.

    We all endure things on our way through life.

    The important thing is to do your best, keep your faith...... and wear as few clothes as possible.

    ::nods:: great words of wisdom... perhaps from Gahndi??

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ????? I dunno..... could have been....

    Or... maybe it was Marilyn Chambers? ???

    Oh well...

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    you got busy

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ya ever go back and check out some of your old posts to see if there are new comments?

    ?? ;-)

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Mr. J.wolky said…

    I don't usually comment on anyone's blog...unless it's political but I have to say....
    HA HA HA!

    Pant's is over rated. I would wear shorts that said "bootylious" to work but I dont think that it would be apprciated.

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    Oh come on! cut loose! You know you want to!

    Let yer buns fly free... :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home