Thursday, August 11, 2005

Fecking 'I Can Do It' Syndrome

Can I just scream right now and get it over with? Someone just smother me with a pillow or shoot me in the damn head. I'm so friggin frustrated!! Why oh why does everything in my insipid little life have to be such a great tragedy!

Picture it... Walmart... this afternoon..... on my lunch hour (operative word being 'hour'). I went back into the crafty-shit section thinking I would exercise my creative bone and re-upholster an ottoman in my livingroom. Not a hard thing to do! I got what I wanted.. some neato fabric and cool looking trim crap and went up to the counter... that was at 12:47. Some lard-ass woman having hot flashes every 2 seconds finally gets around to cutting what I needed...12:55. She goes to enter it into her 'magical electronic scanner thingie' and gets a red light and ominous BEEP! DAMNIT! Well she tries a couple more times before calling on her 'keystone cop partner' miss 'I just fell off the boat and speak very little english'...grrrr 1:00. At this point I say.. nevermind ladies ::smile:: I'll just pass on the trim and take the fabric. To which I'm told it will only take a second to put the item into the system. FINE! So 'lard-ass' starts talking with 'speak-no-english'... "Do I look like I have fur all over me?" she says!!!! WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!! I don't care if you have fur all over your body and are auditioning for a leading role in fecking GORILLAS IN THE MIST!!! 1:05... Well finally they get the stupid thing to scan the item - (the bar code was damaged and they weren't entering the full number all this time).. 1:11... I have to be back to work at 1:30. I hustle up to the front (still not having eaten lunch yet) only to find THREE FRIGGIN CASHIERS AND ONE EXPRESS LANE WITH A LINE A MILE FRIGGIN LONG..AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH.
I stomped up to the customer service desk and said 'POLITELY' to the cashier.. "I'm sorry, there was a problem at the cutting counter that took an exhorbiant amount of time and I'm unable to purchase this at this time as I cannot wait in line and have to get back to work.. may I please hold this until 6 this evening?"

(dramatic pause........................)

SHE DIDN'T FRIGGIN SPEAK ENGLISH EITHER!!! 1:16.....I'm ready to kill someone here. She couldn't figure out what I wanted. She kept saying "You wee-turn? You wee-turn?". Finally I just left it there and walked out. I've heard of equal opportunity employers but this is friggin ridiculous.. get a FLIPPIN GREEN CARD OR HOOKED ON PHONICS...SOMETHING!!!!

I hate Walmart.

::smooches::
Mara

10 Comments:

  • At 3:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hee hee hee hee........

    I mean.... That's terrible. How horrible for you...


    (snicker)

    Those people in customer service positions should [giggle] be able to at least speak English... or.. Italian.. or.. something!

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    It WAS friggin horrible. Loard employers should at least have SOME standards...

    ::best Napoleon Dynamite impression:: God.. friggin IDIOTS :::siiiiiiiiiiiiigghhhhh::

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger chesneygirl said…

    LOL!
    I've had similar experiences...like EVERYtime I go there!!! UUUUUHHGGG!!!

    do you mind if i ask....which Walmart were you at?

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    Blah.. I was at the Ypsi Walmart... I was a little more than irritated. And I'm sorry if anyone reads this that works there.. but come on people...

    It's not the first time something of this nature has happened..

    ::growls::

    I actually went to Florida this past April and was in a Walmart in Orlando and one of the workers (that didn't speak any english) ran his pulley cart into a stacked pallet of canned goods that was in the middle of the aisle. It tipped everything over onto me.. I had to go to the hospital(only bumps and bruises and small cuts here and there but still) because there was a little girl in the aisle and I covered her instead of getting out of the way. It would have friggin killed her.

    THEN!! Management didn't want to give me a copy of the incident report to take to the hospital!!

    Blah... I don't know why I even bother to go back.. no matter what state I'm in.

    Oh and btw... I've called the corporate office of several occasions and they won't return my calls.

    ::gets down off her soap box::

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger chesneygirl said…

    That's what I thought.....that's the same Walmart I go to on MY lunch hours!
    It truly is an absolute headache.....as soon as I walk thru the doors!!

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Mr. J.wolky said…

    WoW! You're like the HULK! Covering innocent Little girls from flying Walmart Debris! MARA SMASH IF YOU DONT SPEEKIE ENGLESH!

    So..ya. I don't have problems at Walmart, cause I try not to buy anything there. EVER. I go to TARGET, cause they have better clothes and cuter girlies at the registers. Although I only get the
    Early Boomers cause they are faster than the hotsy totsy younger girls.

    LIFE IN THE 21st Century huh!?
    Where is my FLYING CAR! DARNIT!

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Misnomer said…

    That wassa frig'n hilarious tale of angry customer service frustrations.

    Everytime I get an employee with a shit attitude I wonder what happened to "the customer is always right" Then I realized that the companys are huge and don't actually care about you because you are one person.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger bricotrout said…

    heres a little tip that i pass on to you in the up most confidence 'cause i like ya. i dont want everyone else out there knowing what i know cause then that just dilutes the pool. so delete this after you have read it... agreed? good
    i have been in the same situation more times than ive had sex... wait, thats not a good analogy. anyway! take your items to the pharmacy. do your little eye bat thing that im sure you have down pat and explain the situation. theyll ring it up for you there in a heartbeat! and there is rarely a line.
    now, this message SHOULD self destruct momentarily.

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Troubador said…

    I feel your pain. I like going to Wal Mart about as much as I like going to the county fair.

    It always reminds me of feeding time at the zoo, or the freak show if you go in there are night

    Loving your Blog

    Troubador

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Some Random Girl said…

    I hate wal mart too....unfortunately we live in a town and it's the only major retailor. how bad do they suck...I swear if they give me ONE more fecking blue bag when I ask them to put more in the bag so I have less of them...I'm gonna flip out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home