Sunday, October 23, 2005





Men Think They Are Just Fart-tastic

From Jim Carey's infamous elevator "IT WAS MEEEEE" to the Shaggy -Scooby Fartathon in their first movie, men and their bodily expulsions have become a source of humor nationwide. Did anyone ever watch the movie Bio Dome where the dudes are ANALYZING their farts... "Tuesdays Cheetos, Poptarts and Red Dye #9".... Jesus Christ!

People, this is a very serious issue. It seems like wherever testosterone abounds so does the resounding sound of a well executed flatulate and the smell of old cheese, coupled with the hardy congratulations from friends on a 'job well done'. I'm telling you now... it's about as appealing as licking a dead toad.

Why this rant you ask? Well let me FRIGGIN TELL YA! My best friend (we'll call him TANGO) in the whole wide world happens to be a guy. I have known him FOREVER, any closer and we would be brother and sister. However, he, like so many other of his hideous species, finds farting absolutely hilarious. For Christ's Sake.. they still sit around and see who can make up the best verse to 'diarrhea Cha-Cha-Cha'! One of his favorites is to fart in the car and roll my window down so it all gets sucked out my way!

Alright.. so last night a bunch of us friends go out to a movie. Decided to see Serenity, it was decent. When we got out of the movie me and Kate went out to the car while TANGO and his friend went to 'drain the hose'- NICE.... apparently men don't go to the bathroom they 'drain hoses', 'drain the vein', 'let the snake spit', 'pinch off a loaf', 'make some bread'.... so friggin repulsive! AAANNNYYYWAY! Tango gets back out to the car, which I already have on because it's friggin freezin in this fuggin State right now, and him and his stoopid friend....(we'll call him BRAVO) just stand there in front of the car. Well, Kate and I are like.. WTF are they freakin doin out there???... when all of a sudden it hits us...... a waft of old cheese, rotten eggs and something dead RIGHT THROUGH THE VENTILATION SYSTEM BECAUSE THE FUCKING HEATER WAS ON! As my stomach turns and my face goes sour I look through the windshield to see Tango and Bravo waiting with baited breath to see if this has worked. First twitch of my nose and they start WHOOPING with unadulterated glee. Hopping the fuck up and down, slapping each others backs.... oooooh yesssss they are just soooooo funny!

You see friends... this is only one in a long line of stories I have regarding the primitive species called 'man' and their asshole acrobatics.

Earlier in the year while camping Kate, Maggie, myself and a few other campers sat around the campfire in disgusted and drunken awe as Tango, Bravo and another (we'll call him Delta) performed flatulatic feats of dexterity and skill. As we looked on, one by one these GROWN MEN proceeded to muster one up, flip their legs up in the air, hold a lighter to their ass and let one go, thus shooting a blue flame at least a foot long straight out their butthole. This was all except for Bravo who's flamage lacked the force of the other two and instead would create a blue ball of flame that traveled up the pantleg of his jeans before fizzling out.

This must have gone of for close to an hour... another point to ponder - do men have a never ending supply of gas?? WTF?? Anyway, about an hour into it Delta gets into position and lets one go... I mean this thing is friggin huge! Well he starts laughing so hard that, all of a sudden, the flame is cut off mid laugh. Well, it took 2 seconds and all fucking hell broke loose... you know how fires can create back drafts... UH HUH.... Delta now apparently has some INTERNAL BURNING going on... Holy Mother of God. He's on the beach, at the waters edge, dragging his ass across the tideline like a dog with a very sorry condition. We ended up actually taking his sorry ass to the ER where Tango and Bravo reiterated the story to the doctor on staff (also male) with childish glee.

The doctor laughed.

Well they fixed Delta up, gave him a prescription for some special ass cream and a bunch of medicated enemas.... CAN YOU IMAGINE.... and sent us on our way. I wonder what the insurance company thought when they got the report for that one?

Anyway, just sharing my misery. ::sigh:: This is yet another of the MANY reasons I'm so glad I'm not a man!

::smooches::

Mara

34 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said…

    I am furiously emailing your link to all my male friends out there. I was laughing hysterically all the way through.

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger bricotrout said…

    im dying! lofl

     
  • At 4:11 AM, Blogger EXSENO said…

    LMAO Mara,Please tell me it's all a lie. I really didn't think a person could do that I'm shocked that it's for real. This has got to be the funniest story ever. I have never laughed so hard. Freaken Hilarious !!

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger honkeie said…

    OMFG how could you not find this funny. The human body is the best practical joke ever. Ever seen some ppls kids pics up on the doctors office, god does have a sense of humor.
    I must be a typical guy, I started laughing out loud at work when I read this!
    And any guy who trys to light his ass vapors is a retard, I have learned not to try it from watching other ppls ass accidents.
    And my 2 yr old thinks farting is funny too.

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger EXSENO said…

    Mara,
    Read your wal-mart post saw that you don't know how to do links. I'm a complete dumb ass, If I can you can, here's how. That little box that you write your post in, at the top where the picture and all that is there is a little thing that looks like a green ball with a chain, it is a link, so next time you want to link to something. Type anything you want to use for the link, it can be the url or a name or anything. After you do that 'highlight it' a little box at the top will pop up for you to put the URL in so copy and paste URL up there and click o.k.(but make sure you have the one on your post highlighted and it will turn into the link. Try it , it's easy.

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    I share your misery, I grew up with four older brothers that thought there was nothing funnier than wrestling their little sister to the ground to fart on her head! And if that weren't enough I married a man who apparently loves to give "dutch ovens," now this is when a man farts in bed and pulls the covers over the girls head and traps her, not allowing her to breathe anything other than their fart! MEN!

    I don't understand it either!

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    omg thank-you I laughed so hard I hope that you don't mind me blogging in on your site my mom EXSENO told me of your post she was laughing so hard as i was reading that i almost didn't make it through reading the post.... My proffesion is emergency medical technician or emt for short and as an emt I have been called a alot of crazy things but I think had I got a call for your friend it would have taken the cake all proffesionalism would have been out the window.....lol very good post...

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    EXSENO: ::smooches:: thanks babe.. I'm going to try it.

    Becky: YOU POOR BABY!!! I so feel for you! I would sprinkle Beano on his dinner every night so he couldn't muster on up!

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger melmar said…

    Ironically, over the weekend my friends and I were entertained by a book titled "Why Do Men Have Nipples?" Its a book that explains some of life's little oddities. Like can you light a fart on fire? What causes the fart to ignite? what makes a fart smell? What happens to a fart if you don't release it? How many times do you fart a day (fyi - on avg. 14x) Why is poo brown? Can you lose a tampon in your body? etc etc. We were at a guy friend's house and this book was in his "crapper". Boys are gross.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Sid said…

    GUYS WILL BE GUYS!!!!!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Kid Ric said…

    Hi Mara,

    Thanks for the post on my blog and the smooches. Right back at cha.
    The boys will grow out of the fart thing. It's only funny for a while. Once is enough. Had a friend one time set his polyester pants on fire. Burned not only his ass but everthing else in that area. Boy was he a mess. I never tried it didn't seem funny or practical. Peace, love and light.

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Kid Ric said…

    Mara,

    No coffee? Oh no! No wonder your cranky today. Peace.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger A Bronx Tale said…

    i still love that pic below...

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger honkeie said…

    I cannt get over big eds kiwi's up there.....

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger DBFrank said…

    Dear Lord, I'm sitting here laughing out loud and my cube mates are wondering if I lost my mind.
    Again.

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    I took my teenage son and three of his friends to a skateboard park about an hour away. On the way home, we stopped for McDonalds. Aaaaaaaaaaaall the way home, I was treated to McFarts and giggles. They start young -- I'm convinced it's genetic.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Pirate said…

    I was going to say Mexican food on board must be bad ass.

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Jaxe said…

    LMAO... er, maybe I shouldn't say Ass seeing the *mood* your in ;-) Well, not all men pronounce their flatulence from the mountaintops... but I've been known to pop a top during church services... I mean, c'mon.. .why do you think they call them 'pews'

    :-) man, that was cheesy. Even for ME! Hi MARA!

    j

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger That dude Paul said…

    Hiya Mara,
    I can honestly say that I've never done anything like that stuff.....

    OK..I'm lying. Hey, thanks for stopping by over at my place. Hope you drop in on a regular basis.
    Peace

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Joe Tornatore said…

    Whose feeding him those Blazing Saddle beans?

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Jim Cooper said…

    If it makes you feel better - I'm glad you're not a man either :>P
    I had a friend in college burn his ass off with an ill aimed ignited blast - not a pretty sight.

     
  • At 2:53 AM, Blogger PackerPundit said…

    you just dont get us guys... and its "drain the MAIN vein" u missed the main part... paint the porcelin also works... and one of our fav things to do is spell out our girlfriends name... in curseff of course... I prefer Brush Stroke Script as a font.
    hey I posted about you girls today so hit me back

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger ~art said…

    We are fine here in Tampa they lucky always seem to go north or south of us here; thanks for stopping by and checking on us. I cannot imagine going to the er for burning my ass lol

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger S said…

    OMFG...what a bunch of overgrown dorks! Hilarious story, and, he deserved a burned butt!
    LOL!

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Thomcat said…

    one thing i find funny, guy#1 will say "i farted", guy #2 MOVES IN CLOSER AND SNIFFS !!! "WHOA, you did!"

    did guy #2 think he was lying ?

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Ted said…

    Funny is funny. No gettin' around it, no analyzing it, no reducing it to formulas and memos.

    Funny is funny.

    Farting into the engine block when the heater is running is just fall down hilarious?

    Am I a cretin for thinkin' so? Um...I (like most cretins) don't really care.

    Thanks for lighting up my morning (no pun intended).

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Bobby said…

    heh, great, just fantastic.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger iluvnyc said…

    OH MY GOD!!!!! it's a mistake to read this post at work... 'cuz i have stomach ache so bad for holding my laugh so my boss won't hear me

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger nitewalk6 said…

    I wasn't go to comment butt... someone HAS to stand up here and be a MAN! Women claim they don't fart... hmm let's see.. according to them they "fluff." Someone please explain the difference when I get into a waiting car driven by my wife and immediately have to open a window because my eyes are burning from the gaseous expulsion that has just emitted from her and her comment is "Well, it happens." Do I sense a double standard here? She says that I'm no better, I say that I am because at least I will roll down the window my ownself!

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    Mara,
    OMG! reading this made me laugh soooo hard, I cried. I know so many like your friends. My hubby & his friends can be really immature and do some stupid stuff. Hubby's brother burnt his a$$ hair off one time doing his cute stunt with a bic lighter.

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Blogger Memphis said…

    Farts are God's gift to men who have run out of beer.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Maverick said…

    i agree - not at all funny. very juvenile and stupid

    Spitting in a Wishing Well

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger wopanese said…

    Women speak appx double the amount of words each day that men do. All that hot air has to go SOMEWHERE.. ;)

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Sam said…

    That is one fucking fantastic story. Men, they are so amusing. At least they're not throwing poo at you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home