Monday, October 03, 2005


Spooktacular Suggestions Please!

Well it's that time of year again people...trixy treats and all that jazz. The time when parents dress their children up as the 'little beasts' they truly are and set them free to run wild in the streets doing the one thing they have ALWAYS PREACHED to their children never to do - take candy from strangers.

Actually, I love Halloween. I love seeing the little heathens all dressed up. I love the fall weather - crisp nights, bon fires, hot cider, warm cinnamon sugar donuts (great, now I'm drooling).

ANYWAY..... the reason for this post is MY COSTUME!!!...... you MUST know that it has to be fabulous. I'm a ::grin:: professional Halloweener ::smirk:: from waaaaay back. I love this holiday. AND as a PROFESSIONAL Halloweener I have to have a most fantastic costume every year. Now people.. we are not talking just ANY go out to the store and spend $100 on a sleazy pink pleather Austin Powersesque bimbo suit complete with CFM boots and an 'I couldn't be any blonder if I tried' wig.... OH NO.... I make... yes, you heard it right... MAKE all of my own costumes.

I think my all time favorite that I made was Medusa... it was a wicked ass costume... and I turned all the skin that was showing gold... it was sweet.... hair, skin, snakes... everything.. gold... and then the black dress with python trim... it was sweet..

Ok.. so we've established that I'm somewhat crafty here... Yet... I'm having issues coming up with the perfect costume this year... something that will strike fear in the hearts of the children I'm giving candy to... ::thinking , thinking , thinking::

Well.... here's what I've come up with..

I thought about a witch... I know, LAME... BUT..... if I were to do the witch thing I would have some kids that I know who are a little too old for trick-or-treating locked in cages on the front porch and me stirring the cauldron with the steam rolling out (dry ice people) Of course the teenage bratlings would be paid to moan and shriek mournfully.... pleading for help to escape their inevitable demise.... hmmm... oh er.. well I was getting into the part a little bit there... It would of course be a FABULOUS witch costume... and I would probably bring my fat orange kitty Moses - I taught him to give 'high-fives' he freakin rocks.

Or....

I could go as Santa Clause. I'm figuring when the kiddies come to the door and scream "TRICK OR TREAT" I'll look over the top of my wire rim glasses and back down at my Naughty/Nice list... tisk my tongue and tell them "I'm sorry... as of October 2005 you are on the Naughty List, if I were you I would be a really good boy/girl until Christmas or you ain't seein squat under that tree!" I'm sure so many parents would appreciate me ::smirk::...

I'm just not sure... I'm open to other suggestions too.. Give me your thoughts, opinions, suggestions, comments... I love hearing from you guys.

::smooches::
Mara

6 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Aisha T. said…

    The Santa Claus idea is sadistically brilliant *snigger*. I like the witch one with the kids in cages. I'm a little slow on the draw this year--my friend was thinking of going as a Brownie Girl Scout troop. I looked up at GSA--they make costumes that fit our adult sizes. This is scary and creepy within itself and made me scream.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger doobrie said…

    Solid black contact lenses, whitened face will freak anyone out any time!

    You can wear what you want with that, nobody will notice !

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger highTechFool said…

    You should obviously put together a costume for a latex mermaid...I'm disappointed that I had to be the one to point this out to you, Mara.

    ;O)

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Jack Steiner said…

    I almost never dress up anymore, but I usually take my kids out.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger honkeie said…

    I still dress up and if you look at my blog you will see what I am going to be this year...and I am 29 by the way and have gone out every year getting free cany lol.

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Cassie said…

    As a parent, I'd have to say go for the witch idea. Santa is sacred!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home