Thursday, April 20, 2006

About Damn Time She Blogged Again!


The Season of Giving - Tax Season

Dear IRS,

Enclosed is my 2005 tax return showing that I owe $3407.00 in taxes.

Please note the attached article from the USA Today, wherein you will see the Pentagon is paying $171.50 each for hammers and NASA has paid $600.00 a piece for toilet seats.

I am enclosing four toilet seats (a value of $2400) and six hammers (a value of $1029), bringing my total remitted to $3429.00

Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund" as noted on my return.

You can do this inexpensively by sending them one 1.5" Phillips head screw (taken from the article in USA Today detailing how HUD pays $22.00 each for 1.5" Phillips head screws.)

Please note that I did specify 'screw' not to be confused with 'screwdriver' which is valued at $153.00 per the same USA Today article. Although a screwDRIVER would be a nice tax write-off for next year I feel I'm unable to commit to that large of a donation this year.

I wanted to thank each and everyone there at the IRS as well as the lawmakers in the US Government and say It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year and I look forward to paying it again next year.

Sincerely,

Ms. Amara Delponce


P.S.
Love you all - sorry I haven't been around...

::big smooches::
Mara

16 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey *Smooches* you're back...and I'm first!!!!!! *grin*

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger The Ogre said…

    Glad to see you back Mara.

    And yes, it is absurd at what is priced as what the government "pays" for crap. We all know the extra 21.50 that paid for that screw went to fund a lunch somewhere...

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Osbasso said…

    Hey! Glad to see you around! Staying around, I hope... We've missed you!

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Aisha T. said…

    Dammit, Mara! It's great to see ya on with your razor wit! Missed ya, sweetie!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger bricotrout said…

    that is too damn funny! biggest laugh ive had in a few days! i have to link it. that aside...
    WHERE THE FUCK YOU BEEN????

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger *** said…

    What, you busy working and planning a wedding or something? :) We've all missed your hilarious stories and posts. Keep it up!

     
  • At 3:52 AM, Blogger EXSENO said…

    Hi, Mara,
    Welcome back. Miss you.

     
  • At 4:07 AM, Blogger SCH said…

    Glad to see you are back finally! I was starting to wonder if you were ever coming back!

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Grimstarr said…

    Welcome back hun. I have been patiently waiting and my patience has worn off. Hey if you need it, I have a couple of screwdrivers I'm not really using. They are yours for the asking. Gotta do that good citizen thing and make sure the IRS is satisfied so the world can continue to spin. Glad to have you back babe.
    TG

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Natalia said…

    yeah we were wondering where you had gone off to...glad you are back.

    And I hate the IRS right now.

    -N

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Natalia said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger TJ said…

    Glad to see you back!

    Hope things are going well now.

    Missed you!!

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Blogger nitewalk6 said…

    Glad that you are back. You are back aren't you?

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger A Bronx Tale said…

    yeah i gotta do me taxes. finally a post.

    hope all is well and that you're back now with some more interesting stories and tales from Mara as per usual.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger betchacantguesswho said…

    OMG!! She's back!! I thought the Chinese laundry mafia had kidnapped you or something!! Welcome back!!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Some Random Girl said…

    that was a good one. WTF??? the govt. always doing stupid shit!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home