Friday, September 02, 2005

SuperMart Supergirl

As everyone is well aware.. gasoline prices are soaring. Within the first 24 hours of the initial gas price hike, motorists could be seen waiting in sometimes hour long lines, trying to fill their tank before the price reached $3.00 a gallon. It is here that my story takes place..

After work on Tuesday I pulled into a Meijer SuperMart gas station to fill my tank at the VALUE PRICE of $2.59 a gallon. I waited in line for about 15 minutes and pulled up to a pump and began filling my tank. The masses of people were fairly civilized... all playing fair and filing one behind the other waiting their turn... when suddenly this little red civic came whipping in with some wild-eyed, 20-something bimbo, driving loops and turns, backwards, forwards, sideways... just trying to get into the first available without waiting in line..

A little irritated I just kept pumping my gas until...... she cut off an elderly lady pulling forward into her WAITED FOR SPOT by coming in the opposite way and braking to a screeching halt.

I was FURIOUS. First of all.. I love old people. They are the history of the world and should be treated with the care and respect that is their due.

I stopped pumping my gas and grabbed... ::laughing now:: the windshield squeegie.... I stalked over to the little bitch and threatened her within and inch of her life...I left nothing out... I was like a white tornado brandishing my all mighty windshield squeegie threatening to knock her brains onto the pavement.

In the end the bimbo drove away in disgrace and the little old lady filled her tank. I filled mine and waited for her to finish and come inside to pay. I paid for my soda and handed the clerk my credit card and told her to put pump 9 on it. The elderly woman looked up in surprise and protested that she couldn't allow me to pay for her gas. I just smiled and told her I wouldn't take no for an answer.

It felt good to do that... ::grin:: the 'pissed pixie' strikes again.

::smooches people::
Mara

17 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Mara said…

    Rob!!! So good to hear from you babe :)
    It did feel good.. I'm a softie for old folks.

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger bricotrout said…

    ooooh i LOVE to see people getting the rage that they cause come right back to their face unblinkingly. you my hero!
    did you have to take the squeegie to the old womans throat in order for her to agree to let you pay?

     
  • At 2:46 AM, Blogger Px said…

    wow
    you're a nice person, a rare breed these days i fear
    keep up the good work with the window squeegie...bet she thought that you were going to be nice and clean her window's for her.
    Prices in the uk are extortionate, currently peaking at around £0.95 per litre (about a quarter of a gallon) which i think is about $7.00...
    anyway, take it easy and watch out for the bugs :o)

     
  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The Mighty Water Pixie has dealt a blow to the insensitive young bimbos of the world! All Hail Pixie!

    ;-)

    Way to go!

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd try that but my luck she'd be a lawyer.

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger TheCanerdian said…

    Certainly makes for a funny mental image. Perhaps a toned-down version of the angel of vengeance? :D

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger TheCanerdian said…

    Certainly makes for a funny mental image. Perhaps a toned-down version of the angel of vengeance? :D

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger mojoala said…

    bloody dayum well done mate!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Mara said…

    Wasted ...WASTED.... I think not... it's quality time!

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excuse me, miss, do you have a permit for that squeegie?

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Fram said…

    Thats awsome. I dispise people that cut in line.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger liz said…

    it's so good to know there are still nice people in the world. thanks for making my day !

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Mara said…

    I would win because of course, in a past life, I studied to be a Jedi master ::nods knowingly::

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Doug said…

    My cat's breath smells like catfood.

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger Mara said…

    Then perhaps you should quit kissing the cat and give it a tic-tac...

    that's well meant advice right there!

     
  • At 4:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Now that's funny... I don't care who you are...

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Troubador said…

    You are my hero

     

Post a Comment

<< Home