Tuesday, January 15, 2008


SOMEBODY JUST SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD
That's a migraine in full force. Oh my fecking gawd!. I've been getting these ever since having cancer a few years ago. First I thought they were a side effect of medication - but - after a while..... and being medication free...... they seem to have become a way of life.
I actually stayed home from work today. I NEVER stay home from work. I was totally down and out from about 3:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. today. It's still there.... I can feel the pressure waiting at the back of my skull.... but for right now the pills I gagged down are holding it at bay.
I would really like to treat them with something besides narcotics. After everything I took to combat the cancer I've become kind of adverse to taking anything that alters my state of mind. I've tried all/many of the migraine meds out there to no avail:
Over-the-counter: doesn't touch it
Midrin & similar: doesn't touch it
Imitrex & the like: LOL... now there's a good one. Certainly it took care of it.... probably 3 minutes after being injected. 5 minutes post injection I was passed out on the doctor's office floor. Apparently these kind of drugs cause a huge drop in my blood pressure.... so lah.... I'm cured, but I'm unconscious.
Herbal: I'm allergic to alot of things and it's hard to find something that will help without causing a reaction or worsening the headache..... though I do drink camomile during a migraine and after if I can without throwing it up.
So... that leaves us with the narcotic coctail, ice/heat and passing out in a pitch blach room. Mind you.... if I get too cold I start to shiver, then I seize, then the migraine worsens.... if I get too hot I throw up and that makes the migraine worsen... hmmmm....just about as much fun as a fart in a diving bell.
So, I'm up for suggestions. Real suggestions... and yes, I've tried the sex thing... it doesn't work.
::smooches::
Mara

4 Comments:

  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger nitewalk6 said…

    I've heard that Midol is a WONDER drug.

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger EXSENO said…

    This sounds just like what I went through this for the better part of my life. I wish I had an answer but I don't.
    I thought it was from birth control pills but they continued after I stopped taking them. Even got worse over the years.
    They finally stopped, guess when?

    When I was to old to give a shit. After I finished going through menopause.
    Lots of luck, I hope you get better help then I did.

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Kris said…

    BEing unconsious seems to help.... hmmmmmmmm let see..... have tango beat you over the head with a sledge hammer.... no that would prolly make it worse.... hmmmmmm, quite a pickle you've found yourself in huh? I dont like pickles...

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Kris said…

    ok on the bib.... just make sure it has a GIANT rainbow on it... and pink puppies

     

Post a Comment

<< Home